The benefits of prenatal Pilates
Keeping up with exercise can sometimes be the last thing on your mind when you’re pregnant, so many things happen in your life and your body that needs time to readjust. However, keeping fit during your pregnancy will not only help to prepare your body for that all-important stage of labour, but will also guarantee that you get back into your pre-pregnancy shape more easily.
What are the benefits of doing Pilates before birth?
There are many advantages in making Pilates part of your pregnancy fitness routine which include:
- Increased body awareness and posture
- Improved control and strength of pelvic floor region
- Improved joints and ligaments stability
- Improved flexibility and muscular endurance so the daily functional activity can be done more efficiently
- Relieves common problems associated with pregnancy such as backache, thoracic pain, sciatica, ligament pain, and pubic symphysis pain
- Learn how to use different breathing techniques that can be employed effectively during labour
- Speeds up recovery after birth